Friday, October 31, 2014

Interstellar Asks The Already Answered Question

Coming this November the movie " Interstellar" will be coming to a theater near you. It's story about explorers from earth going to a galaxy not near us to see if we fit in any better. I always noticed that no matter where I went there I was. My baggage was not noticeable until I spoke and acted out my background-largely unnoticed by me.But everyone and every thing else moved over. Uber Director Christopher Nolan got $165 million from investors to ask this already answered question. But that's why we go to the movies. Maybe this time we will get it right and a new address will change the extinctions and misery we have as a species have effected.Ho hum.It's a zero sum planet and a zero sum universe.The Royal Society of London some years ago speculated that a total population of 250,000,000 humans would be optimum on earth. I agree. But for a different reason. Two hundred and fifty million was the approximate population at circa 500 B.C. to 500 A.D. That was the golden age of many classical civilizations.Then came technology and then came antibiotics and then came fiat money.We don't deserve another pristine galaxy to screw up.

No comments: