Sunday, August 05, 2012

Mitt Romney: A Little Boy

Mitt Romney is out on the stump. He's trying to get elected president. His trite philosophy reminds me when I was eight years old and what I believed . Put aside his shop keepers affected urgency in selling his ideas, it's his beliefs that remind me of Peggy Lee's lyric " Is that all there is?"  When I was eight ,I too believed that if we bombed people enough we would somehow make the world a better place. I too believed that all Americans are equal. I too belived that enough money in the hands of consumers would insure the perpetual existence of our democracy. I also believed that Israel should exist and America owed a great debt to the friendly, honest and well meaning Zionists. I too belived that trees were meant for harvesting. And also that fish and animals are all here for our enjoyment or slaughter. I belived in god but gave up on the tooth fairy.

The question is , is the boy Mitt Romney a better choice than the affirmative action darky Barack Obama? For me, it's just another false choice .

No comments: