Wednesday, July 05, 2006

H.I.V./ A.I.D.S. : New Legal Liability

On July 3, 2006 the California Supreme Court made a landmark ruling regarding liability of people who infect others with the deadly virus even if they don't know they have the virus.

Justice Marvin R. Baxter wrote the opinion for the four-justice majority. They found that even if one doesn't know if one is infected with the H.I.V/ A.I.D.S virus one can still be sued for being constructively aware of its possible or actual existence. Simply if one leads or has led an H.I.V./A.I.D.S prone life-style one can be sued .

This is an excellent judgement. Homosexual behavior and the fallout of the diseases that accompany it should have been treated as an health issue long ago rather than moving the whole phenomenom into a civil rights venue. On balance this better serves the homosexuals and society as a whole. This also has ramifications for teaching children in schools about alternative life-styles. Now teachers will have to adjust to the fact that they may be promoting a dangerous life-style sampling and be held accountable for any dieases that are transmitted by their unwise counsel.

No comments: